Monday, July 6, 2009

Huston's Bed

I went to pick up Huston on Friday for a few hours. I hadn't had my "buddy fix" for quite a while and missed him terribly. We ran a couple of errands together before coming back home. One errand was to Bed Bath and Beyond to pick up a bed spread and pillow shams for the new bed in our guest bedroom. I told Huston when we were shopping that I needed a white bedspread for the new bed in "his" room at my house. He said "look Lovey, here's one!" The one he chose, just happened to be the one we ended up buying. His mother taught him well. After we got back to our house, I ran up stairs to make the bed to see how the bedspread would look. Huston was downstairs when Jimmy walked in. Jimmy didn't say anything at first, so Huston said, "Jim...I'm here." Jimmy chuckled, greeted him and asked where I was. Huston responded, "Lovey's upstairs making 'my' bed." What a guy!!!!! Jimmy later said to me..."Great...It's Lovey's house and Huston's room...I guess nothing here is mine (ha!)." Pretty smart man!

As you can see in the pic, I still have to make two chocolate pillow shams and will also put a 20" blue and white throw pillow in the center of the bed. I plan to cover the foot stools at the end of the bed. All in good time of course. I sort of have to let things grow on me as I "create" a room. Let each addition sink in as create the next thing.

I will be gone to my niece's wedding at the end of this week so I won't get much done. my sister, Judy, comes to visit next week and will be the first to sleep in "Huston's" bed. We will see how it "sleeps." Till then, hope to hear from you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment