Thursday, September 13, 2012

APPLE's NEW REVELATION

Yesterday, began our first week of the study of Genesis at BSF.  "In the beginning" is how God begins His description of His creation.  Genesis is a description of "new beginnings" about many things...of God's creation of this world, of man, of man's need for redemption, of His chosen people, of a covenant with man and so on and so on.  But what is interesting to me, is after His creation of man, man's "new beginning" of a need for redemption all began with an "APPLE".

On September 12th, our first class day, Apple, Inc. announced the near production and sale of their new iPhone 5.  Now this was something I have been waiting for for several months.  I am qualified for an upgrade on my iPhone and have been waiting for the new "5".  When I awoke on Wednesday morning, the 12th, excited about the first day of BSF, I took Hershey (our puppy)out for his morning "you-know-what"!  We usually sit on the steps a moment together before he is ready to go.  At 5:00 a.m. in the morning, it's still dark, the moon is still in the sky, stars bright and the air quiet and still.  The air was cool and light and it was a perfect time to reflect and pray as we sat together looking into the sky.  It was truly beautiful, and at that moment, I understood what God meant when He said everyone had proof from nature alone, He was creator of all things good.  There is no excuse for anyone to deny knowing Him.  I could not help but sit in praise and thanksgiving at the beauty of the morning.

After a few minutes, in all my humanness, my mind wondered to the "toy" being revealed that day.  Oh boy!  The "Apple iPhone 5"!  As I thought about it, I got the picture of the Apple logo in my mind.  An apple with a bite out of it.  I began to laugh at myself.  And then, hung my head in shame.  What a pity I thought.  Man's first need for redemption began with a bite out of an apple.  Man's desire for something, some "thing", not necessary, just something man wanted, some "thing" he put before God, some "thing" that would offer him power, knowledge, whatever he desired.  But that "thing" is the very "thing" that would separate him from the "One" who provided him with all that he really needed.  Now, man would need redemption.  I hung my head in shame because it reminded me of my need for redemption and what it cost my Lord.

I guess all these "Apple" products can serve a great purpose.  They can be a GREAT reminder to us all of the love and generosity our Lord poured out as He hung on the cross to redeem each of us for the penalty of our sin.  Display the logo, as a reminder of your Redeemer!

No comments:

Post a Comment