Monday, April 26, 2010

HAPPILY EVER AFTER STORY

In the news the last couple of weeks, has been news surrounding a volcano in Iceland. According to reports, there has been volcanic ashes in the air floating toward and over a lot of Europe. Much air traffic was cancelled due to these ashes, as they could cause damage to an airplane's engine and that, of course, was very unsafe for planes in the air.

Bible Study Fellowship (BSF), the Bible study group I have been a member of for many years and am a current leader, was having a training group of people from all over the US and the world. Because of the cancelled flights, many were stranded by cancelled flights back to the UK, Kenya, etc. I had the privilege to take two such ladies (Helen Elston and Pam Faulkner) from Bristol England to lunch and then back to BSF headquarters after their visit to our our class last week while they awaited news of their flight home. Huston, Emery and I entertained them with a salad lunch and enjoyed hearing all about their class in Bristol.

The conversation at lunch varied from class comparisons, families, how we each came to BSF and so forth. After sharing about ourselves, Pam asked me how I came to know the Lord. I am always amazed at my answer. I feel like a light bulb lights up inside when I tell my story. Though I explain it was really a long process over a couple of years to begin with...the learning to walk with my Lord took many, many more. However, as I tell it, I feel like I begin to glow. It excites me to tell how my Lord brought me along step by step.

You know, people always say that you should know the exact moment when you are saved. But I think it is not always like that. I think it can be a process. Think about it. One first has to know what he/she is "saved" from. People used that word "saved" without thinking about the true meaning. Most people who aren't believers, don't think they need saving. However, what they don't realize is that we all need to be saved.

God tells us that there is a heaven and there is a hell. For those who do not know they are a sinner, the wages of sin is death and eternal separation from God. For those who do not know God loved us so much - in order that we may have eternal life with Him, and was willing to send His Son to pay the penalty/wages for our sins past, present and future, THEY will spend eternity in hell - eternal - in a conscious state - wanting to die but cannot. Think about it...THAT is what we are saved FROM when we believe Jesus Christ is our Redeemer - HE paid the cost for our eternity in heaven. THAT is why I LOVE to tell about how good God is to save me.

So today, I am thankful for opportunities to tell others "my story." My story of being saved FROM eternal damnation in hell TO a glorious, majestic, wonderful, eternal life in heaven in the presence of my Father God. I don't want another living soul to spend eternity in hell. Perhaps telling my story could spark another to know their Redeemer too. So, thank you Helen and Pam for giving me the opportunity to tell my story.

Thank you Huston and Emery for being so patient and excellent at lunch so Lovey could share her story! My "Happily Ever After" story!

No comments:

Post a Comment