Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother-Daughter Tea 2009

Each year, the children's ministry at our church have a Mother/Daughter Tea the Saturday before Mother's Day. Tables are available for sponsorship by anyone choosing to pick a children's book and decorate a table around the theme of their book. This year, Alix and I decided to each sponsor a table. Alix chose, "The Midnight Train" and I chose "Big Words for little people". We both spent much time decorating our table and making cupcakes for not only the decorations but as deserts for our guests. The fun for the day is not only in decorating the table and having your friends and their loved ones come, but going around seeing all the fun tables and children's books throughout the room. Mother came down from Lufkin for the event and I invited my BSF friends and their Mother/daughters to share in the day. We had lots of fun and ate great food. I can't wait to begin planning for next year's event. I'm going to start looking for my book NOW!















No comments:

Post a Comment