Tuesday, January 22, 2013

ROCKING




http.//facebook.comWe have a rather new puppy.  His name is Hershey.  Hershey is a year old, and is still in the "chew" stage of his "toddler" years.  If you want proof...just look at the skirt of the chairs in the loft upstairs in our home.  For some reason, Hershey decided the skirt on one of those chairs was VERY tasty!

Those two chairs are really the most comfy chairs in our home.  My husband and I LOVE to sit in them to watch movies.  He says we need to have them recovered.  I hate to do that because they just wont be the same...you know how that goes.  They just won't "feel" the same.  The original fabric felt so good and the chair cushions were "just right".  So....what do I do?  The question begs...do I look for new chairs or do I recover?

If I look for new chairs, I would love to get those neat "glider/rockers", like they have in baby rooms.  You know...they are soooooo smooth and soft.  There is something about sitting in them that just puts you to sleep.  You just sigh when you sit down in one of them.  They are plush and soft and they rock and swing and turn and make you feel all kinds of good!  Yes...perhaps that is the answer.

Don't you wish there were "gliders/rockers" for things that could make you feel like that at those times in your life when you are down or even those times of despair?  Those times of loneliness, when you feel all alone, desperate, no where to turn and no one to turn to.  No one who understands and you don't know what to do next or how to "fix" what is going wrong?

I was studying Genesis this week, where Hagar had run off from Abraham and Sarah and was in the desert.  She was alone and pregnant with Abraham's son Ishmael.  She fled Sarah, who was angry with her.  She was desperate, no food, no money, no family, no help and no one to turn to.  BUT....God met her were she was....God "saw her".  And when God spoke to Hagar....it was like He "rocked" her in His arms and made all things right.  He spoke truth to her, told her what to do, told her what would happen and told her to go back to Abraham and Sarah and obey.  He brought peace and joy to Hagar.  He cared for her.  God was her "glider", her "ahhhhhhh", when all the world seemed right, because He was there in the center.

I had that experience once.  I was alone, pregnant, desperate, in despair and felt as if no one understood or cared.  God "saw me" in my despair and God actually "rocked" me!  It's true....it was like rocking/gliding in one of those baby rockers.  He made all things right by His peace and joy, truth and mercy.  It was as if He was rocking me and holding me "under His wing and close to His heart."

Have you been rocked recently?  If not.....I know someONE who is waiting with open arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment