Sunday, January 27, 2013

SLEEPYHEAD


http://facebook.com
Hershey just cracks me up! I go to wake him in the mornings to let him out and he can hardly wake up. I've never known a dog that has such a hard time waking up. I don't know why...he just does. He's such a sleepyhead. I open his crate door and he slooooooowly comes out.....strrrrreeeeeetches, leeeeeeeeeans into me and just stands there, like he needs something to lean on until he can get his bearings. Then he gives this HUGE yawn, looks up....and BAM! He's awake! Don't get it. One minute half asleep....the next, BAM! Awake. Blows my mind.

Are people really different? I guess I am. And of course, here I am this morning, as I have the past few mornings, awake since 3:00 am. MAN! I hate these mornings. I am NOT an early bird, though I usually get up early. But its not my favorite time of day. Like Hershey.....I'm slow to wake up. And when it do finally awake...,it is NOT a BAM! It is more like a....Oh jeeee whiz......do I really HAVE TO ???????

However, I have found in these times when I can't sleep and end up getting up at these, as other people call them, "ungodly" times of the morning, they are really my "Godly" times of the morning. It is in these wee hours of the morning, when the house is soooo quiet, soooo still, no one to interrupt me, no Hershey bounding about, no barking, nothing,,,,that I get to meet and hear my Lord. It is in these "Godly" times of the morning that I can really listen, without interruption, without phones, without all the other stuff, with a clear mind and with only God's Words.

So today....I'm thankful for those days I can't sleep and God wakes me up...opens the cage I sleep in. Encourages me to get up, come out, snuggle up to Him, listen and visit.

Good morning sleepyhead!

No comments:

Post a Comment