Friday, March 29, 2013

GRIEVING AND REJOICING


Several years ago,my earthly father died the day before Easter.  It took several days to plan the funeral because of the celebration of our dear Lord's resurrection.  It was a very difficult time for our family.  We should have been celebrating, but instead, we were grieving.  

I wonder when Jesus was hanging on the cross with all the sins of mankind, past, present and future placed upon Him, how God felt to make Himself "unavailable" to His son?  I'm sure He was there (like a parent watching their small child from the shadows, unseen by the child).   But making Him bear those sins alone for 3 dark, lonely and painful hours must have been excruciating for our Father.  I can only imagine the pain He must have felt, the grieving He must have been going through.  To "assign" your loved one that duty because you love others soooo much.

As I remember and feel my grief and miss my dad, I must also remember how much my heavenly Father loved me to give up His son on my behalf and for those that have preceded me to be with Him.  I rejoice in my grief as I look forward to the day I will see  Him face to face and also see my earthly father seated with Him in heaven.

He is not here....He is Risen!

No comments:

Post a Comment