Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Nailed Wide Open

My grandchildren live about a mile away.  I know that is not far.  But every time I go over to their house and see my little one year old grand daughter, I open my arms wide and she runs to me for a big hug.  What a joy it is for this old gal.  That sweet smile.  Those dimples.  The sparkle in her eyes.  She's such a joy to see.

I wonder if that is how our heavenly father feels when we finally decide to spend a little time with Him?  But He doesn't have to come to our house.  He's always here, waiting with arms open wide.  Waiting for those moments when we'll recognize He is standing there waiting for us to notice Him.  Waiting for just a few moments of our time.  I read recently, His arms are open all the time, just waiting.  In fact, so that we will know they are open and waiting and that they never shut, He nailed them open.  How can I resist a love like that?  How can I not claim Him as my own?

No comments:

Post a Comment