Sunday, September 21, 2014

ENGAGED!





My wonderful husband,  Jimmy,  and I have been married 43 years!  Yet, it doesn't seem that long ago, really.  I can remember EVERYTHING about our wedding.  I often wonder if today's brides remember every detail.  Weddings are sooooo huge these days.  It must cost families a holy fortune to marry off a daughter.  Not having daughters, I often envied parents getting to plan such a wonderful occasion.  Yet, I pity them to, for the extravagant amount of money weddings must cost.  Yet....it IS a once in a lifetime event.  

My wedding was wonderful.  Not extravagant at all, but simple and beautiful.  Beautiful because I can remember all the details about the actual ceremony and when I became Mrs. James C Allen.

My son Graham is engaged and will marry the girl of his dreams next year.  We are all so excited about the planning and the time leading up to the ceremony.  The venue has been picked, list started and full speed ahead for all the details.  

There is one thing I wish for Graham and our precious Carissa.  My wedding wish is that they savor every moment of the planning.  They truly ENJOY each other as they pick out all the details, register the choices of their dreams and begin to prepare for a life together.  I pray they will concentrate on the ceremony and are able to remember the details of their commitment to God and to each other.  I pray they will each have one outstanding moment they will remember for 43+ years as Jimmy and I do.

I'm so proud of them and look forward to the next stage of Jimmy's and my life with our new daughter and (hopefully) a family of little ones in the future - (a mom can only hope!!!!!)

CONGRATULATIONS GRAHAM AND CARISSA!


No comments:

Post a Comment