Monday, September 22, 2014

UNDER HIS WING AND CLOSE TO HIS HEART




Sisters in Christ!

How often do you move your home?  Well, since Jimmy and I were married, we have moved approximately every 10 years.  We've lived in Dallas, Houston (really The Woodlands) and now in San Antonio (11 years and staying!) Yeah!  Moves can be stressful and they can be lonely.  The husband finds immediate friends at work while the wife gets the house set up, kids cared for, and focuses on the husband while he gets adjusted.  It can take up to two years, before the wife ever really begins to make her own friends and get settled in.  Moves are hard, can be lonely if you move where you don't know a soul.  However, they can also be a wonderful time to grow closer to God.


I'm studying the life of Moses this year.  Remember when Moses fled Egypt because Pharaoh wanted to kill him?  He fled to Midian.  He left family, friends, a comfy life in the Pharaoh's palace, his power, authority and respect as he grew up as the son of the Pharaoh's daughter, and most of all his people, (God's chosen people), the Israelites.  He was lonely, and in a foreign land.  However, God provided him a new family, a wife and work. 

When we move, I have felt like I was in a foreign country, leaving friends, position within the community, church families and others.  However, like Moses, God has provided me with new loving families, sisters in Christ, church homes and much more.  As God drew Moses closer to Himself, He has also drawn me under His wing and close to His heart.  He has filled my loneliness, comforted me, talked with me when I had no others, and given me hope in the difficult times.

My new friends, sisters in Christ, have been one of the great joys He has given.   I'm so grateful for His mighty provisions.  Grateful for His love to someone so unworthy. Grateful for my sweet family He moved us near and the future families He will provided through my children.   Mostly, grateful that He draws me near and holds me tight.

Are you about to make a move?  Just made a move?  Remember...He is moving with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment