Friday, October 30, 2015

MY ALL AND ALL

We all face trials, things that happen to us or things we may even cause.  Often times these trials boil up in us those things we find most disturbing and unpleasant in others.  We sometimes feel entitled to those feelings, therefore bringing us to a feeling of despair and anguish.  

I have a friend who "appears" to be to handle most all these feelings.  I envy her in her no-nonsense approach and dignified manner in which she works through problems and heartache.  I wish I could handle things the way she does.  There is no self pity, no complaining.  Simply quiet resolve and steadfastness.  

Yet, I really don't know what's inside her heart or mind.  I don't know the hurt she may be feeling or if she too feels despair or forsaken.  I only know what appears on the outside.  Perhaps she too, has the the feelings that overcome me, but somehow has the power rid herself of them.

In Ephesians 4:31-32, Paul reminds us to "Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every for of malice.  Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."  


But how do I do this when feeling hurt, angry, bitter and rage?  My only resolve is to remember the description of the "Sender" to the saints of the seven churches in Revelation.  He is described as the "holder of the seven stars (angels) of the churches and the One who walks among the churches.  He is the First and Last who died and came to life, the One who has the sharp, double-edged sword (has divine judgement), the Son of God, who's eyes are like blazing fire (has penetrating insight), feet are like burnished bronze (strong and mighty.  He is the One who holds the seven spirits of God (God's Spirit) and the seven stars (the seven churches), Holy and True and holds the keys of David (possesses absolute authority).  He is the Amen (one true God), the faithful and true witness and the ruler of God's creation.  He is the Truth and supreme over all His creation."

If He is all this,  He was and is and is able to forgive me of these iniquities and His Spirit gives me strength to overcome that which He calls me to get rid of.  Along with this, He also calls me to rid myself of guilt, for His blood has covered it all.

I am grateful for the Word.  I am grateful for His conviction, forgiveness and grace.  For as He convicts me, it is not for my punishment but to make me pure and holy.  

Praise be to Him who is my All and All!

No comments:

Post a Comment