Thursday, October 8, 2015

STALKER FRIEND

When we are children, we make friends with classmates, neighbors, other dance or sports team members and etc.  Sometimes these friends are friends we keep a lifetime.  For others, some move away with their families, go to other schools or join other organizations or teams and we loose track.


As we grow older, we make new friends, form new relationships and bonds and become more selective of those we want to keep close.  Women in particular find other women they trust, women with common bonds and likes and those who have shared the similar experiences to form close relationships with.  But I have found that my closest friends have one thing in common.  We are all sisters in Christ.


I once read that sometimes, God gives us a friend for a "season".  I didn't quite understand this when I first heard it, but later, I came to believe it to be true.  It is a painful thought to think we could have a close friend and things happen to diminish what God had once given as a sweet gift.  It often doesn't take much for these "seasonal" friendships to disappear.  Sometimes it's simply a location change, a schedule change or a tragedy that makes one party move in another direction.


If you  have ever experienced this kind of loss, you know what I mean.  Just recently, I was contacted by an old friend I thought had been a "seasonal" friend.  I had mourned the loss for quite a while.  But you see, my friend would not let our friendship go.  In fact, she almost "stalked" me into reconnecting.  I guess my "stalker" friend didn't believe in "seasonal" friendships and knew more about real friendships than me.


It made me think of my very best friend - Jesus Christ.  He's no "seasonal" friend.  He "stalks" me to stay close because He loves me.  He's relentless in His pursuit.  We've shared much together and he is faithful and trustworthy and always has my back.


I'm so grateful for my "stalker" friend who did not let our friendship just disappear.  God has blessed me with a sister in Christ that will stand the test of time and I will love her for never letting go.  I want to be a "stalker".  I want to be a stalker for Christ.


I hope you know who you are sweet friend!  I am so grateful for you!  Love you much!

No comments:

Post a Comment