Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Huston came to spend the night tonight, for his usual Tuesday night "visit" with Lovey and "Jim". Tomorrow, he goes to BSF with Lovey and then naps and plays the afternoon. I was worried that he would ask questions about Tanner I wouldn't be able to answer without crying. I picked up Tanner's ashes today from the vet and placed them on the shelf along side Maxine's. It was a very difficult day and really wasn't in a great mood to do a lot of explaining. But you know children...their minds are so sweet and simple. Huston asked were Tanner was and I said, "She's not here, Honey." I expected him to carry on with more questions, but he didn't. What a sweet child he is. He simply went about playing, accepting what I had given him. God is good, allowing me to answer the truth, the best I can today. The next time he asks, perhaps I can explain more, if he inquires further. Huston so loved to let Tanner out of her room, give her a cookie, feed her and let her outside to potty. And Tanner loved to drag her toys out to play while the children were here. Man...I will miss that scene!

No comments:

Post a Comment