Wednesday, July 7, 2010

FOOD FOR THOUGHT


I am so excited! Yesterday, in the mail, came the digital photo book I put together for Huston's birthday, of the pictures we took on trip to Disney World. It was such a fun trip taking him to Disney World. The awe and magic of seeing his face each morning and watching him sleep so sound from exhaustion at night was amazing! His birthday is in a couple of weeks and along with a special gift we ordered from Disney World, I decided to make this special book for a keepsake and give it to him along with his gift.

I had so much fun putting the book together. I loved looking at all the pictures. Loved putting captions under each and remembering the things Huston would say at different moments along the way. He's so funny and fun. Though Jimmy and I have been to Disney Land and Disney World, seeing it through the eyes of four year old Huston was a whole new thing. It is what Disney "magic" is all about.

Huston and Emery love to read. In fact, they love for Alix to take them to the library to "check out" books to take home and read to them before they go to bed. I hope this little book I made for him will be a lasting treasure he will love to look at and read for a long time. Perhaps one day he can read the captions to Emery and tell her the things he remembers about the trip.

Reading is such a good habit to get into. I remember a verse in the Bible that says something along the lines..."what comes out of the mouth is what is in the heart." It must be because of what we put in our bodies and allow to stay in and blossom or fester as to what comes out. The things we read, or watch or listen to or participate in will determine what we believe, how we react or respond, what we say and even how we feel about what we see or what someone says or does to us.

This makes me understand how important it is to be sure to not only "read" God's Word, aka scriptures, but to digest them, really chew on them, make them a part of my very being so that what comes out of me is is not a disgusting, vulgar, bitter, vicious, ugliness. But what comes out is truly loving, nurturing, joyful and pleasing to my Lord.

So today, I am thankful for "The Book", God's Word, the Bible, that doesn't just have stories in it, but nourishes me and gives me life. I am thankful that as I read it and study His Word carefully, it fills me with joy, comfort, peace, satisfaction, confidence, trust and hope that none other can. What a great "summer, fall, winter or springtime" read. I dare you to try it! It can be addictive!

No comments:

Post a Comment