Sunday, January 10, 2010

NEW BEGINNINGS

Wow! It's been a long time since I've posted anything! A lot has been going on over the holidays and I haven't had time to think, never the less time to post. But hopefully, after today, that will be different.

Yesterday, January 9, 2010, I finally took my Christmas tree down. Yes, I am waaaaay past time, according to Jimmy. Though, I must say, I got started late in putting it up since I had a baby shower for a friend on December 19th and wasn't able to put my tree up until the 20th. Therefore, I wanted to enjoy it a bit longer. Anyway, I took it down yesterday and am in the process of getting the house back in order.

While I was taking the tree down, I watched a couple of movies. One was "Julie and Julia" - you know, the one about Julia Child's and Julie, the blogger who cooked her way through Julia's cookbook in a year? Well, I love that movie and it really inspired me. Julie never seemed to be able to finish anything. Well, I seem to have that problem sometimes too. So, I decided to make a goal, since it was the beginning of the year. Seeing that this was a new year, I wanted to begin to look at things in a different perspective. I want to see things from a grateful heart. Sooooo, I want to blog each day of the next year, with a thankful heart and tell of one thing I am most thankful for each day. Now, I know there could be many things in a day I can be thankful for. But I will mention only one each day. Perhaps not the one some would think I should be most thankful for or the one others think I should be thankful for but one that I feel particularly grateful for, for a personal reason. It may be small, it may be frivolous, it may seam insignificant. But God will know why.

So today my friends, I get to begin a new journey. One of gratefulness. One, I hope, that will change my life. One that will begin to give me a new perspective in the way I live and the way I love others. I will stumble during the day, I will sin and I will disappoint others. But I pray, at the end of each day, God will show me one thing, one special thing, I can truly be grateful for...even if it is just that they day is over! (Course I know it will be more that that!)

Today is a NEW BEGINNING! I am grateful for New Beginnings! For God's second chances.

No comments:

Post a Comment