Wednesday, January 13, 2010

RAINY DAYS AND MONDAYS

"Rainy days and Mondays always get me down" are words from a song sung by the Carpenters Jimmy and I used to listen to in the 70's. I liked that song, but as I think about the words now, don't quite agree with them. I really like rainy days. I appreciate the rain. I love the opportunity to stay inside, cuddle up in a chair to read book or take a nap or play with the grand kids. Rainy days are welcomed and really quite enjoyed. Mondays...well, they aren't bad either. Everyone else in the house goes back to work or school or whatever their weekly duties are and here you are, at home, alone....you can do anything your heart desires. I like Mondays too. So give me those Rainy days and Mondays. I'll take whoever wants to give theirs away.

It rained all day today. Not a hard rain, but starting with a little drizzle and stayed that way all day. Really quite pleasant. The plants got watered. The streets got washed. My car was cool and not hot when I returned to it. This rainy day felt good when I returned home, putting two grandchildren down for a nap and settling down for an afternoon rest myself. Cool, cozy, peaceful. I'm thankful for rainy days. Days that make one sleep longer at nap time. Rainy days that makes one want to stay in, satisfied to linger, read a book, nap and enjoy the ambiance of one's own home. Rainy days and Mondays are good, like a fresh car wash across one's life. Yeah...ahh...hummm. Bring 'em on!

No comments:

Post a Comment