Tuesday, January 12, 2010

SHEEP SUGAR COOKIES

Tuesday evenings, the little guys spend the night so they can go to Bible Study with me the next day. So tonight, they were over and we decided to make sugar cookies. Since their story tomorrow would be about the Good Shepherd, I decided to make sheep cookies. Yes, I know...Julia Childs I am not. But I can make cookies. In fact, cookies from a bag are really very good. Just add water, an egg and some butter, and WALLA!!!! You have Sugar cookies!!! Today, I am thankful for little guys who still think sugar cookies from a bag are the greatest thing since sliced bread! They don't know they are not from scratch. They just think Lovey made them and they are FANTASTIC! Aren't grandchildren just GRAND!

After they went to bed, I even iced them with royal icing - yes, from scratch - a Martha Stewart recipe, in fact. Now aren't you impressed! A picture is attached. I can't wait until they get up in the morning and see the little sheep cookies. Of course I'll have to TELL them they are sheep. As you can see from the picture, my lion cookie cutter leaves much to be desired when trying to make sheep sugar cookies. Still, I'm thankful they won't care...I'll be dreaming of sheep sugar cookies all night long!




No comments:

Post a Comment