Monday, February 15, 2010

BLISS +

What a weekend it has been! The Olympics have begun. It was Valentines day yesterday. We played golf in a collegiate, Collegiam Tournament at our club and were teamed with some Baylor Bears - Yeah! Sic-Em Bears! And today, Jimmy and I took in a movie and dinner. Jimmy had a four day weekend and it was really nice. We even baby sat with Huston and Emery to let Clark and Alix have a Valentine evening Saturday night. The weekend couldn't have been nicer!

With schedules busy all year round, I guess many couples find it hard to just relax and enjoy each other in a nice slow pace. I know Jimmy and I often find it that way. But boy how I so appreciate those times when they come along. You know, you never really realize they are here until after they are gone. It's those quiet still moments, when the two of you just enjoy each others company with no agenda and no time constraints. I guess this is what retirement is like.

I always worried about what it would be like when Jimmy retired. His only real hobby is golf and I can only play two days in a row at most. If he were bored, what would it be like around here? I guess I just found out. Yes, I can say now...it will be nice...just us...hanging out...no agenda, no time constraints, no one expecting us to produce if we don't want to.

I wonder if that is what it is like in heaven? Just hanging out all the time? I know the Bible tells us Jesus went ahead of us and has prepared a place for us. It says there will be no sorrow, no pain, no sadness, no hurt feelings, I assume no boredom or frustration. Just great joy. The joy is being in the presence of the Lord. The most majestic of all beings. So, if retirement is "bliss" to speak of...just think about heaven!

So today, I'm thankful for those days of "bliss" when all our worries, all our pressures, all our time constraints and expectations by others placed on us are all out of thought and mind for the day. It is those times of "bliss" that is one tiny incling of what it could possibly be like when we get to heaven, in the presence of the Lord. More than "bliss", more than "unbelievable", more than...."whatever"! Yes...BLISS +

No comments:

Post a Comment