Monday, February 1, 2010

SPACE

I admit...I am a craft lover. I love working on crafts. Lots of different types of crafts. I love needlepoint, card making, party planning and making the decorations for it. I love scrap booking, making things with beads hanging off and I even want to try making beaded Christmas balls. I love CRAFTS! In fact, I love crafts so much, when we moved to San Antonio, I made Jimmy let me have one of our extra bedrooms for my very own work space. I love my space. It's MINE! We built a table, 6 x 7 feet, for me to do my crafts. I have my computer, printer, TV and all my craft STUFF well organized throughout the room. It is all neat and organized.

My space is sooooo cool, when I have a party or shower, my friends take other people up stairs to my room to show them my cool space. It really is awesome if I do say so myself. In fact, I spend most of my days in this space. I work on my Bible study here, work on my computer and do whatever project I'm involved in in this space. It's my sanctuary. It's very quiet up here. I can't here anything that is going on downstairs. It's a great place to pray and study. It's insulated from everything else going on outside and in. Jimmy could have a ball game on all the downstairs TVs and I wouldn't know it. I LOVE my space. I even have my own little "college" refrigerator in my closet. I never need to go downstairs if I don't want.

My friends tease me. They say my space is a virtual craft store. I have a wall of ribbons, papers, ink pads, scissors, stickers and accessories. I have a closet lined with stainless steel shelves holding stamps, books, sewing machines, punches and etc. I've collected a lot over the years. I've done a lot of crafts over the years. It seems though, most of what I have done, I've given away. But isn't that the point? Isn't that the fun of doing anything? They joy we get from giving it away? Whether it's making something or buying something or cooking something or just doing something special. Giving what we made or bought or cooked to someone, or doing it with someone (sharing the experience) is really the great joy of it, right? I don't know that I have any of my needlepoint that I've done. I send the cards I create. The scrap booking I've done...well, I've kept my travel ones but I love sharing them with others and I've made lots of small blank scrap books and given them away. And I love to cook special meals and have company or give my special "Frost on the Pumpkin" pie to others as gifts. It really is the joy of giving that is greater than doing or keeping what I've done.

I'm thankful for my special room, my place of sanctuary. But what I'm really thankful for, is the opportunity it provides me to do things, or make things that I can share or do for others. So, today, I am thankful for my SPACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment