Saturday, February 20, 2010

MINNIE, MICKEY & THE MAGIC KINGDOM

Today was a very long day! Many know that I HATE to shop. But Jimmy and I had to do many errands today that included shopping till we dropped for our upcoming trip to Disney World. It's been a while since we've taken a trip with vacation time included, but Jimmy is speaking at a seminar and I am going along. We decided to bring Huston with us to introduce to Mickey, Minnie and The Magic Kingdom at Disney World. We are really quite excited. I even bought a new camera today with a "sports" feature included so that I can capture Huston at any moment. He doesn't like his picture taken (hates to pose). So therefore, it will be vital that I have a camera that snaps in a continuous mode to get a decent shot.

We aren't telling Huston about our trip until the night before. Since he's only 4, if he has too much time to think about it, the excitement of going will fade with the realization that he will be away from mommy and daddy for more than a day. At this age...timing is EVERYTHING!

Isn't that true with us too? Timing...doesn't it hold true when we want to break the news about something uncomfortable to someone else? Doesn't it hold true when we want to ask a favor of someone and want them to say yes? Doesn't it hold true even when we want to announce some wonderful news, like an engagement or a pregnancy? Yes, timing can be a very delicate thing. It was even important for our Lord Jesus. He was soooo in touch with God's perfect timing. Even to the very end. He waited to reveal his ministry until the time was right - when He told his mother at the wedding that his time had not yet come (remember, she wanted him to take care of the wine when it had run out?) His timing was perfect when he answered Mary and Martha's request to help their dying brother Lazarus. Even though he was "dead" when he arrived...Jesus had waited a day before leaving and took a days travel before arriving. He knew Lazarus was dead but he also knew God would get the glory when he raised him. He even waited to reveal his true deity at the very end before giving himself up for Crucifixion. It was all in God's time.

How often do I jump ahead of God's time? How often do I forge ahead with matters, wanting to take care of things immediately, when sometimes waiting would be God's choice so he would get the glory for the outcome. How often do I forget to go to Him for His timing in a matter? Yes, timing is everything. It's something I need to work on.

So today, I am thankful for waiting for the right time to tell Huston about Minnie, Mickey and The Magic Kingdom. I am thankful for the reminder to stop, think, ask and wait upon God before rushing in to do, fix, handle or fumble a task He has given me to do. So Huston...I can't wait to tell you about our trip. I can't wait till it's the right time to break the news. Yes, the time is near. Here we come, MINNIE, MICKEY AND THE MAGIC KINGDOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment