Saturday, October 17, 2009

Another Fun Saturday Morning

Every Saturday morning, Huston has a T-ball game. I have missed the last two Saturdays...1 got rained out and the other...well...Lovey just forgot...My Bad! But today!!!!! Was a great day! Jimmy took me to Clark and Alix's so I could ride with them to the ball field. I wasn't about to miss my little guy again. His team, the Cardinals, have been practicing and were ready to play. Dads were everywhere with with their sons, ready to play in the field, encouraging, rooting, helping up off the ground, coaching from the bases and even laughing as time passed. It really is a hoot to see these little guys.
They started out as usual, all lined up on the base lines, receiving instructions on good sportsmanship. Now I'm not too sure how many really heard the instructions or even really understood what good sportsmanship means. But all were silent with their hats off just waiting to be told it was time to play.

Huston was second up to bat. His other grandma (Kristi La Montagne) bought him a helmet from Target. It was a beautiful shiny RED one. Huston LOVES that helmet and gets to wear it when he bats and runs the bases. The coach encouraged the players to get their own...telling the moms to think lice- or at least something for moms to think about....(would have made ME go out and buy one!) The fun part bout T-ball is that every player gets to hit each inning and there are no outs. Therefore, the kids get to run all the bases. Here, Huston is being coached by one of the dads on third base. He's encouraging Huston to run as fast as he can - to home - as soon as his team mate hits the ball. Now Huston is one short, little boy...just how fast does that coach think he can run?!
And he's off! Check out those fists clenched. He's determined!
...and he crosses home plate! Better watch out for that T-ball stand Huston! You just got that Lego taken out of your nose last week in the emergency room and that wasn't so much fun! Think about what the stand would feel like! Yikes!!
Now dad is getting in the action. Clark trying to coach Huston...does it look like Huston is listening? Yeah, yeah, yeah!
Pooping or catching...can't really tell! Either one would be okay at this point!
Oh! Oh! I think I can, I think I can!
I'll get it...the kid behind me has a shoe untied and his dad has to help him. I'll have to cover for him! Good thing this team has me!
Good grief! Is this game ever going to be over?!
Let's tiptoe over here. Maybe they will hit it this way and I will be ready!
H...it's not nap time yet! Get up off the grass....we'll be home soon...I promise, the game won't last much longer!
Here, I'll get it! Let's get this over with!
Cardinal's Cheerleader!!!!!! Too cute for words.
All in all, it was a fun morning! Huston played great. He got some great hits and caught a few balls. He played third base and first base this week. Fun positions to have the ball thrown to you. What more can a kid ask for.
I love going to his games. I never get bored! See everyone next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment