Wednesday, October 28, 2009

BLESSED


Sometimes, when we think about how truly blessed we are, that our Lord would be so kind as to use us (though He really doesn't need us at all) to shepherd, love on and care for a group of women He has placed in our custody for 9 months. We think how wonderful it is to be able to share with these 15 women, their thoughts, prayers, troubles, joys and whatever else they choose to share with us during this time they are in our group. But then, when the 9 months are over, and we reflect over that wonderful time with each of them, we begin to think about what our Lord REALLY did! Not so much that He used me...but that He used them in order to work on me! This is what He did for me and even brought back to mind this week as I thought of my sweet friend Sandy Kirkland.

Sandy was in my discussion group in BSF during the 2006/2007 class year. I had the privilege of speaking with Sandy during this time and hearing the joy in her voice that could only have come from having a true, personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Sandy had this incredible GIGANTIC smile with beautiful teeth and eyes that sparkled. Her hugs were warm, and because she was much taller than me, made me feel as if she were shepherding me. I loved speaking with Sandy on the times we connected and I loved the warm laughter she has. I could even see it over the phone along with the sparkle that danced in her eyes as she spoke.

Because she's moved to Boerne, I've missed seeing Sandy this past year. But I know it was needed. Hospice is with Sandy now and she will be going home soon. So...on your way home Sandy...there will be a spring in your step, joy in your heart, a song in your voice, light in your eyes and pure majesty as you enter that special place prepared just for you. God be with you till we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment