Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Boohoo!

Well, today is a sad day, sort of. I've just received a text from Jimmy and I am to meet him at the Chevrolet dealership to trade in my favorite car for a new one. Yes, I guess I should be happy...but I love old Blacky, the hog! She's a 2006 Infiniti QX, black on black with all leather, 3 rows of seats, DVDs, heated seats...all the works and plenty of stowage room to haul all my BSF materials to and from class on Tuesday and Wednesdays. How sad to see the old girl go. She's been faithful without any problems at all. One of the most comfortable cars I've ever had and I still remember when I picked her up driving through Houston on my way to Lufkin for a visit. I stopped by IAH to pick my niece from the airport right after I got her and headed to mom's for a weekend visit. With my navigation system...late at night...it was no problem. Her sleek black look reminded me of my dark hair in my youth...oh the days! Seems sad to just toss her out. How would I like it if someone were to just toss me out for a newer model? Hummmm...better not say that out loud! Don't' want to give anyone any ideas!

Anyway, Here's to you sweet hog, my Blacky girl! And here's to my newer model...with all your bells, whistles, jewels and sparkles. Hope you can keep up, live up and haul up all your predecessor did.

Oh yeah...whoever gets old Blacky...I'm watching you!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment