Saturday, September 5, 2009

38th Anniversary Allen-Carriker Match

For part of our 38th anniversary, Jimmy invited two friends of ours to play a round of golf at Oak Hills with us. Keith and his son Ben Carriker are great friends of ours and even more...great fun to play with. Keith decided that the two of us (brains & beauty - Keith the beauty and me the brains) would take on the two testosterone boys and the winner would buy lunch - or WHATEVER! Considering that Keith taught Ben everything he knows...I thought I had the upper hand. And besides...I did have my magic weapon..."cute shoes". Men just can't compete with cute shoes! After all, my theory is this...it really doesn't matter how you swing, what clubs you have or whether they look good. It doesn't even matter if you have on a great outfit and nice hat or visor - after all, women sweat, their clothes wrinkle, droop, we even retain water and look fat in our clothes sometimes....BUT...no matter, every time you approach the ball and look down, you always see those "cute shoes" and BAM! you feel GREAT! and you feel you LOOK GREAT! and you feel you can PLAY GREAT! because you see those "cute shoes" all the time. And well, they are just so stinking CUTE! I have several pair and love playing golf because I have CUTE SHOES!
Anyway, I got off track...I was wearing my multi-color pink cute shoes for good luck. "Sweet Cheeks" and I started out winning the first hole and were one up. Yes, the cute shoes were working. Keith told me a story that he told his daughters (both pro golfers). He taught them both to play golf and coached them to use both "cheeks" in their swing. He said he drilled that in their minds to help them with their swing to hit the ball further and straighter. It must have worked... they are both incredible golfers. Last Christmas, the girls gave Keith a "gazillion" golf tee's with the words "two cheeks" printed on them as a joke. He gave me a few for the match and said to use them as a reminder as I teed off each time. Since I used to call Keith "Cataract Man" because he used to have cataracts, I knew I could no longer call him that since he had surgery and no longer had cataracts. So, I had to come up with another name...hence..."sweet cheeks." I LOVED the name! "Sweet Ceeks" however, did not and just about died, BEGGING me not to call him that. Sucks to be him!
Anyway, the game ended with all tied and all having had a great time. The "boys" couldn't believe "SC" and I had done so well...actually, I hadn't played that well in a very long time. But then again...CUTE SHOES! Jimmy and I had a great time and headed to a french restaurant for our final anniversary celebration. The meal was great but it reminded me a little of the movie Sweet Home Alabama. Some person was their in the bar with a crying BABY! "You have a baby...in a bar!" All in all, it was a wonderful day and evening with a wonderful man.
Happy Anniversary Jimmy..."Can't Help Falling In Love With You"

No comments:

Post a Comment