Saturday, September 19, 2009

Cardinals VS Braves

Today was Huston's first T-ball game. What a Hoot! What memories it brought back of Clark and Graham's YMCA teams they used to be involved with in both soccer and baseball, sometimes even basketball.
It was great fun watching Huston. He's very shy when it comes to sports. He doesn't like being the center of attention but can still act silly sometimes. It reminds me of those home movies of Jimmy we have when he acts very silly. Yes, Jimmy, acting silly when he was a young boy. I know, I know, highly unusual. But yes, it is true and we have movies to prove it. I have photos of Clark and Graham in some of their silly moments (i.e. dancing naked in front of the Christmas tree with only towels held out between their arms). What fun memories.
Anyway, Huston did quite well. He hit the ball, ran bases and tried to catch several balls hit by the other team. However, he never quite caught a ball and got to throw it. He was quite disappointed. In fact, was ready to go after a while of standing, waiting for SOMEONE to hit a ball to him in the infield. Dutch Schroeder would be proud of our little slugger!
Baylor Bear Baseball better look out...could be a cub in the works!


And he throws to first........!
What do you mean "ball"?!!! That was right over the middle!
I don't need no stinkin glove!
Can Princesses play too?!!!!
I GOT IT!
Uugh...I believe that is a golf swing. Try again!
Pre-game - warming up his swing
Pre-game - checking out the bases
Field of Dreams!
Chillin' in the dugout getting instructions from the coach

Huston's Michael Jackson face hide

Hi Lovey, Grandma and Emery!
Ready to RUMBLE!
Mom...NO PICTURES means NO PICTURES!
Do I really need instruction on "good sportsmanship"? I don't even know what "sportsmanship" is!
Seriously...you talkin to me? Dad...I gotta go pee!

No body's hitting to me!!!!!!!
I'm ready coach...just let me at it!
Do I hit the ball or throw the bat? This game really takes concentration!
Oh man! I coulda had a V8!
This bugger is really bugging me!
Here we go again
I dunno, maybe they're afraid of short kids in red shirts.
That's right mom..tuck in the shirt to help keep the pants up...THAT'S what was the problem, why I wasn't getting any balls my way! Only balls for Nerds with high wasted pants!
Who has the ball? Is it in the cap? Reeeeeach! Alix...stop messing with the kids!
Is it time for snacks and a drink now? I'm TIRED!
I'm a Cardinal...see me fly! "Look at that bird, daddy!"
"Huston, go knock that sassy little pitcher's pink glove right off her hand! You show her who's boss!"
Do I have to shake hands? I'm ready for a snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment