Friday, September 18, 2009

BSF or BUST!

Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) started this week and I am able to bring, not only Huston, but Emery along with me each Wednesday. It is such a dream of mine to bring these guys to something I hold so dear.
Each Tuesday afternoon, I pick them up and bring them home with me. Before picking them up this week, I stopped by HEB to buy my weekly prizes to have for each of them when they come for a sleepover at Lovey and Jim's house. Huston received 3 Thomas the Train trains and Ems received a princess movie. I knew it would be early night AND early morning so we immediately set about eating dinner and getting ready for baths and and early to bed.
Since both children sleep together at my house, I knew it was important to keep the evening low keyed so the transition to bed would be smooth and tearless. Thank you Lord...what a perfect night! Since I would be getting up at 4:30 am to begin getting ready on Wednesday, I knew I had to be in bed early. Therefore, they had to be in bed early.
Not only were they in bed early, but they went right to sleep and slept throughout the night without waking up.
I woke them at 6:30 am to get up and eat an early breakfast. I know it is early for little ones, but in order to eat and dress before leaving the house at 7:30 am, we all would have to rise and get an early start.
Huston LOVES his silver dollar waffles with LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of butter - along with a little syrup. I wasn't sure about Ems but was able to put together a little breakfast to her taste - yogurt, strawberries and watermelon.
Promising to put a little makeup on Ems, she allowed me to comb her hare and place a little ponytail on top. I then pretended to put powder on her face, a little eye makeup and then placed some clear gloss on my fingertip to dab on her lips. I then let her look in the mirror at the princess looking back at her. She was sooooooo happy! I think I could do just about anything with her by promising a little makeup and nail or toe polish! Huston HATES his hare combed but is better now than before.
We then piled into my car and headed to Trinity Baptist Church for our day at BSF. The kids were FANTASTIC. They were dressed in matching outfits and looked adorable as well as well behaved. They both did great in their classes and hung in there afterwards as it took me a while to finish up after class.
I'm so proud of these two dumplings. I'm so blessed to get to take them with me. Just think...the next generation of believers...wonder if they will be the next generation of BSF leaders?
Hungry Girl!

More Butter, PLEASE!

Almost awake!

Yogurt, Strawberries & Watermelon - YUM!

Pretty in Pink

No comments:

Post a Comment